Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Quesadillas

I know, I know, quesadillas are so easy.  All you do is take two tortillas, slap some cheese in between, and stick them in the microwave.  Right?  Right.

I make mine a little differently, and The Dude likes them, so I figured I share...

Ingredients:
2 tortillas, corn or flour
Trader Joe's Shredded Cheese
Butter

Instructions:
Apply a thin, thin layer of butter to one side of tortilla #1, and warm it it in a skillet.  Turn it over once it's a little crispy.  Place it on a plate.  Apply butter to tortilla #2, and after you turn it, add shredded cheese to the top.  I drop it in a circular motion, so that it doesn't all clump up.  Place tortilla #1 on top and add a sprinkling of cheese.  When the cheese in the center is just a little melted, turn over and add a sprinkling of cheese to the top.

What this does is makes for a crispy cheese tortilla -taste on the outside while the melty-gooey cheese is on the inside.

When it is to my crisp liking, I place it on the cutting board and cut into eight pieces.  The Dude gets 3-4 at a time, and the others pieces go into the fridge for another day.


Notes:

This is also delicious with chicken, although The Dude won't eat it if I make it that way.  You can use Marion's Amazing Salsa Verde Chicken, but make sure you have more salsa verde.

You don't have to use butter--it tastes fine and less rich without it.  

1 comment:

  1. If you're making it without the butter, sprinkle a little water on the side of the tortilla you're about to put face down on the skillet. This helps the tortilla stay soft and pliable. Still delicious.

    I never even thought of using butter. It sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete