Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Breakfast Yogurt




Yogurt with honey.
I am out of fresh fruit today.

I eat yogurt for breakfast every day.  At least, I have for the past couple of months.  I'm sure I'll tire of it at some point, but until then... yogurt, it is.  It's filling, it's healthy, and it's really tasty.  Also, on normal days, it helps ensure that I get some fruit in me.  I've been stuck inside with a sick kid for four days, so that day is not today.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Trader Joe's plain Greek yogurt
Honey
Fresh fruit in season

Instructions:
Scoop yogurt into a bowl.  Drizzle honey on the yogurt.  Top with fruit.

Notes:
I ONLY use Trader Joe's Play Greek Yogurt.  It's the best yogurt I have ever tasted--thick, creamy, and tart.  I use full fat, because I don't like the idea of putting all the crap they have to put into low- or non-fat items to make them palatable, although this does list "non-fat milk" as an ingredient.

So.  Much.  Yum.
I put the honey on before I add the fruit because the fruit isn't what needs to be sweetened.

I use a lot of fruit.  I'll post another photo when I've been to the market and actually have fruit in the house.

You can tweak this by adding cereal, mixing different types of fruit, etc.

Yes, I do measure out half a cup.


No comments:

Post a Comment